Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Buying American....

I must admit that I used to wonder why people made such a fuss about buying American, but if we don't support ourselves then who will?
So....I am making a renewed effort to support my fellow Americans. This all kinda started when I moved to a small town last year. There are still little mom and pop kinda stores here. Yes, they have higher prices but it's worth it to pay more to support my neighbors. I started shopping in town as much as possible when we moved and this wonderful feeling I get when I do has motivated me to do more.
As a side note, with gas prices the way they are it would probably cost me more anyway to drive to a bigger city to buy the same things I can get in my town.
We made a purchase today from a company from right here in Iowa: Cookies BBQ sauce! Not only is it made in the USA and made in Iowa but it does NOT have any high fructose corn syrup in it!! That's another of my latest causes....to buy and support companies that make products with healthy ingredients.....I will save that blog for another day :)

No comments: